At Active sport Club watersports the fun doesn’t end when the sun goes down. The sunsets in Angelochori bay are stunning. There is no better way to relax after a hard day of windsurfing & kitesurfing than sitting on our benches, holding a beer in your hand and watching the sun goes down. Afterwards you can hang out with the other surfers and share your watersports tips.
ANGELOCHORI area activities
- bird watching at the lagoon
- Mountain biking around the lagoon
- Watch the famous Angelochori SUNSET!
- Horse Riding, call Andreas on tel.0030.6944198900
- Visit the Guard’s lagoon house.
- Play Tennis at the Local Tennis club, www.tennisfitfun.gr,tel00306931836647
- Visit the Lighthouse of Angelochori
- Visit the local Greek Taverna ‘Mpampantinos’ tel00302392057523
FOOD & DRINK
Angelochori bay offers many opportunities to eat and drink – small canteen on the beach and a local taverna with delicious home-made and sea food and all at fair prices.
A typical Greek thing you should try in the restaurants is Meze (also called Mezedes) – these are small plates of food like Greek salad, tzatziki dip, fried cheese balls, stuffed vine leaves, grilled peppers followed by a main course of meat or Greek fresh fish.
It’s so delicious and there are so many different variations, depending on your appetite after an exhausting day on the water this will refuel your energy levels!
Just a short drive from Angelochori is the village of Nea Michaniona 5 khm faraway which have a choice of tavernas and restaurants where you will find locals eating in a non-touristic atmosphere and the only public Health Center of the area . Absolutely worth a visit! If you want to buy and make your own food then there are also some supermarkets in the village and you can see the biggest Greek fishing fleet of the country.
Perea , Neoi Epivates , Agia Triada & Michaniona villages are great place to visit and enjoy evenings out. Visit www.visit-thermaikos.com for more information.
Accommodation Hotels – Accommodation nearby
- Wellness Santa Hotel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Golden Star City Resort (email@example.com)
- Royal Hotel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Four Seasons (email@example.com)
- Heaven Hotel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Hyatt Thessaloniki (email@example.com)
- Angelbay bungalows (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Avra Hotel Perea ( email@example.com)
Active sport Club waterports
In our spot the winds are legendary.
Here, you can find some of the most reliable winds in Thessaloniki area. From May until October the constant side-shore winds make Angelochori a paradise for windsurfers & kite-boarders. Thanks to the Thermic winds up to 25 knots every summer, our high season May to September guarantees wind as well as warmth.
The Riders spot on Angelochori beach offers empty waters and a clear shore-line which makes learning to surf fun and easy without the hassle of swimmers. The area is free from other water-sports such as jet-skiing and motor boats . The wide launching area, together with empty seas which you have all to yourself (thanks to the side-shore winds) makes for an easy session on the water. Our waters are also exceptionally safe, as they are rock and reef free and there is no dangerous sea life to worry about, although if you are lucky enough you might get to see one of our beautiful local dolphins!
When you visit our station we want you to be as relaxed and comfortable as possible – after all you are on holiday!
That’s why, included in the price, we provide our customers with a number of different facilities and services to make life a whole lot easier!
- SURF shop, focused on having the best products at the right price.
- First Aid Kit
- AED Defibrillator
- Large carpeted area to leave your equipment on while you are having a break
- Public bus transfers to and from your hotel to the Angelochori beach
- Compressor to inflate your equipment with ease
- Shaded area for the protection of your equipment and for your comfort
- Huge Parking Public area for your car , Van or your Motor Home.
- Fresh water, for having a shower and for washing your kit
- Free beach deck chairs (sezlong) seating for relaxation and views
- Local run beach cafe with traditional Greek food, snacks and drinks
- Bay-watch and motor boat rescue (for the unlucky ones!)
- Instant Repair. We provide a complete service for micro repairs of any kind.